Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook not loading pages?

my computer seems to be connected to the internet, and my ipod and ipad are connected fine. But when I try to load a page, firefox says that it can't find the server. no matter how many times I restart it i still happens. I've also tried safari and the same thing happened. I'm running 10.5.8 on a late 2008 aluminum unibody macbook.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 10:30 PM

The Interface that connects to the Internet, needs to be drug to the top of System Preferences>Network>Show:>Network Port Configurations and checked ON.

10.5.x/10.6.x/10.7.x instructions...

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

Then highlight the Ethernet, click Advanced, is it set to Using DHCP, what IP does it Show & Router IP, then click on Proxies tab & make sure none are set, click on the DNS tab and enter these numbers...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2012 10:30 PM in response to jaclynism

The Interface that connects to the Internet, needs to be drug to the top of System Preferences>Network>Show:>Network Port Configurations and checked ON.

10.5.x/10.6.x/10.7.x instructions...

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

Then highlight the Ethernet, click Advanced, is it set to Using DHCP, what IP does it Show & Router IP, then click on Proxies tab & make sure none are set, click on the DNS tab and enter these numbers...

Macbook not loading pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.