Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erased photos from iPhoto

So i was trying to fix some photos that were not loading so i decided to rebuild my iphoto from the automatic backup, but when i did this all my photos were deleted. is there any way to restore these photos?

iMac

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 11:37 PM

11 replies

May 1, 2012 12:11 AM in response to bryile

Restore from your back up is the surefire fix.

It's unlikey that the photos are actually deleted, more likely that the db file is damaged.

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. This will create a new library based on data in the albumdata.xml file. Not everything will be brought over - no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your albums and keywords back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one.

May 1, 2012 2:54 PM in response to Yer_Man

I dont think i was clear enough in my previous post. What happened was that I rebuilt my iphoto from the automatic backup option, but I never backed up any photos. So when i did this all my photos were deleted and now I cant find away to retrieve them. Im not sure if the photos exist anymore. 😟

Jul 6, 2013 1:23 PM in response to bryile

TD, I am having a similar issue and have taken your advice:

Go to your Pictures Folder and find the iPhoto Library there. Right (or Control-) Click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. A finder window will open with the Library exposed.

Look there for a Folder called Masters.

However, I cannot find a Folder called Masters...and I cannot find my Photos. Do you have any other suggestions?

Jul 6, 2013 3:32 PM in response to jackmk24

Might be best to create a thread with for your issues with a full description of the problem.

- What version of iPhoto.

- What version of the Operating System.

- Details. As full a description of the problem as you can. For instance: 'iPhoto won't export' is best explained by describing how you are trying to export, and so on.

- History: Is this going on long? Has anything been installed or deleted?

- Are there error messages?

- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.

- Anything unusual about your set up? Or how you use iPhoto?

Anything else you can think of that might help someone understand the problem you have.

Erased photos from iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.