📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPadOS 18 is now available

Explore new ways to work with Apple Pencil, discover new experiences in apps, and customize iPad even further. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I download internet explorer on my ipad?

How do I download Internet Explorer onto my ipad? I am a realtor and need to use the MLS to access properties. Please help?

iPad

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 10:01 PM

7 replies

Apr 30, 2012 10:07 PM in response to LeapinLizzy

No, Microsoft have never made an app version of it - you can only download apps from the iTunes app store on your computer and/or the app store app directly on the iPad, 'normal' PC and Mac software are not compatible with the iPad. There are some third-party browsers that have settings within them that allow you to identify them as other browsers e.g. Atomic Web and iCab Mobile, but whether that is suffficient for whay you want I don't know.

Jul 6, 2012 11:55 AM in response to Marclah

Marclah wrote:

I've have the same problem, I need access to MLS Link and need IE for IPad. Were you able to find a solution?

There are spme alternate browsers available in the app store that will allow you to change the browser identifier and emulate other browsers, such as specific versions of IE. however, it will not help you get around the need for activeX controls as others have reported the MLS site uses. If that is true, as a professional you really should raise holy **** with the website owners. There's no excuse for open public wesites to do that anymore.

Plus, as suggested, there are apps available for accessing that information.

Can I download internet explorer on my ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.