Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime 7 Pro registration problem

I have a QuickTime 7 registration. The registration windows shows I have QuickTime 7 Pro. The Pro features are not enabled. Is anyone else having this problem?

Here is my registration. None of the Pro features are available.

User uploaded file

2 MacBook Core 2 Duos - MacMini - AppleTV, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iPod Touch - iPod Classic - iPad

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 10:53 PM

4 replies

Apr 30, 2012 11:04 PM in response to CitizenX

It would appear that you have not entered the registration number you received in that registration window. I just checked mine, and it does show that number in the "Registration code" box. Enter the registration number you received via email in that box.

You can leave the "Organization" box blank.

And, just a comment - after you do that, if you post a pic of that window it would be a good idea to mask out the registration number, so that someone else can't use it.

May 1, 2012 11:30 PM in response to CitizenX

Okay.

On many installations, there will be an item in the Applications folder named QuickTime Player and another in the Utiities folder named QuickTime Player 7.

These are not the same. The Pro registration applies only to QuickTime Player 7 and not to the other one.

When you are using QuickTime Player and are not being able to access the Pro features, what is the name shown in the Application menu?

If it is this -

User uploaded file

then you are not running QuickTime Player 7, and will not have the Pro features available.

If it is this -

User uploaded file

then you are running QuickTime Player 7 and should have the Pro features available.

I noticed on my machine running OS X 10.7.3 that when I double-clicked a .mov file, the default app for opening that kind of file is QuickTime Player (not QTP7). This caused a few problems for me until I figured out there were two apps, and what the difference was between them.

If I want the file opened in QTP7 I need to open it from within the program, by dropping it onto the icon for QTP7, or by changing the "Open using" designation in the Get Info window for that file to QuickTime Player 7.

This can be set on a per-file basis by making that selection for each such file, or for all of the same type by making it once and then clicking the "Change all..." button just under that selection.

QuickTime 7 Pro registration problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.