Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

annoying behavior I find in finder.

Greetings with love&respect once again,to the leaders &all who are members within this great Community.My question is this,if it all possible,can someone please help to answer this problem. Mac OS X 10.4.11. Safari 3.0.4. After a restart,&after logging on,Im taken to a screen saver which I chose Im in finder.three folders are then filling much of the screen untitled,untitled,1,&a flash player folder.&behind it all,in this little parade,is a info question,with a tryangle shape yellow exclimation point!.It says this package contains a program which determines if the software can be installed.are you sure you want to continue?If you are not sure hit cancel to prevent it from running. then if I hit cancel next time I do a restart the whole process starts all over again.What must I do to end this irkish behavior?Do I always have to have finder be the 1st to open?Thanks,B.

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on May 1, 2012 4:42 AM

1 reply

May 1, 2012 8:34 AM in response to billyfromconcord

Boy, do I miss spaces between sentences and after punctuation, and uppercase letters at the start of sentences. I'm not kidding, it makes your post a lot easier to follow (and me more inclined to try answering).

It sounds like you have an installer running in startup items. You could check System Preferences > Accounts > your account startup items and see if there is something there. If there is, and you think it is safe to remove, you can highlight it and click the "-" button. Is there any indication as to what is trying to be installed? A yellow triangle does not bring anything to mind.

annoying behavior I find in finder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.