Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Odd Pages printing problem

I've laid-out a simple document in Pages, a business card, it is mainly text with a graphic down one side. The graphic is a cropped photo.

In Pages I have masked the graphic with a border.

I've sent it to an online printer, VistaPrint, and it is not printing correctly, the graphic is gone, the shape of the mask is there & its fades from a deep grey on the edge towards white in the centre. The text prints fine.

I have tried two different ways of saving the document in Pages - export > PDF and print > PDF but the problem is happening with both.

On my laser printer it prints out fine & in all previews it is fine.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on here & how I can fix it?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 1, 2012 5:49 AM

3 replies

May 1, 2012 12:56 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Thanks Peter,

I thought as much.
Just really odd that the effect is previewing okay across a number of platforms but not when it goes to print.

They suggested that the document needed to be flattened but although Apple likes to think Pages is a high quality app' that can handle graphics well flattening is not an available option.

I've tried another option, printed to PDF & saved the PDF as a JPEG so I'll see if that works.

And the border I used is the torn paper, not too cheesy I hope 😉

User uploaded file

cheers

Adam

May 1, 2012 6:39 PM in response to Adam Woodhams

You can flatten the image.

Copy the photo with the torn paper frame, switch to Preview app, go command n and save it to whatever format you want at 300dpi.

Don't rasterise the text, it makes it blurry.

Peter

ps You don't live in that lovely side valley in Turramurra that looks like something out of a rainforest with a scattering of tree houses amongst it? Minnamurra Ave from memory.

Odd Pages printing problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.