Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home button not responding .....

The Home button on my iphone is not responding. Anyone know what steps to take to help restore it other than backing up and then restoring settings. Feels like a hardware issue to me but I hate to take it to Apple and risk their $150+ charge to look at it if it could be something software related. Thank you.

Posted on May 1, 2012 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2012 8:59 AM

If you are on iOS 5, you can use Settings>General>Accessibility - Assistive Touch to get Home Button function.

You can also try, Settings App when open hold Lock Button until slide to power off appears, then hold Home Button until home screen appears, this fixes some Home Buttons.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2012 8:59 AM in response to twmissmt

If you are on iOS 5, you can use Settings>General>Accessibility - Assistive Touch to get Home Button function.

You can also try, Settings App when open hold Lock Button until slide to power off appears, then hold Home Button until home screen appears, this fixes some Home Buttons.

May 1, 2012 8:59 PM in response to brad805

Thank you. After much research you have summarized the BEST two options to overcoming this issue (software related) short of taking it in for expensive service (hardware related). Your second solution worked liked a charm. ( I tried it first so haven't even tried the Assistive Touch solution). Just spent an hour getting to and from an Apple Store and trying to get help there and none of those guys even had a clue about this solution. They all suggested hardware issues like dirt or a broken button .....

Thanks so much, you da man!!!

Home button not responding .....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.