Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove an iCal event without sending updates?

So... I have a thorny question that nobody seems to have an answer to.

I use my Mac at work (as well as at home).

I have 2 calendars- 'Work' is connected to my Exchange account. 'Home' is synced through iCloud.

For some inexplicable reason, when I get a repeating meeting invite from a customer (who is using Google calendar in their company) to my work Exchange mail account the invite goes a bit nuts. Basically the invite goes into my 'Home' calendar and sets me as the meeting organiser!

So... now I have a meeting invite, that I cannot remove, in the wrong calendar.

If I remove it it threatens to send out meeting cancellations to all (20!) of the attendees! Needless to say I will not be in a good place if that happens!

So my challenge to you all- how on earth do I hack this meeting invite out of my iCloud calendar?

From searching around there seems to have been an application, called iCalpone, that could do this, but it is no longer available.

There is also http://www.nhoj.co.uk/icalreplychecker/ but that appears not to work for iCloud calendars.

Help!

Posted on May 1, 2012 11:24 AM

2 replies

May 10, 2012 7:57 AM in response to Screaming.Pict

I have the same problem but with a different source. I keep having invites reappear after the meeting has occurred. So now I have an invite where the only responses are maybe/decline/accept ... all of which send an email to the client AFTER the meeting has already taken place.

Why can't I just delete an invite without iCal FORCING the email acknowledge of some kind. Why do other people have so much control over my calendar app?

May 10, 2012 8:08 AM in response to Ensorceled

Hmm- yeah- it sounds like a different problem that could use the same solution I'm looking for.

In MobileMe it was easy enough as you could backup your calendar to a file, edit the file, hack out the offending entries, and then wipe out your MobileMe calendar and sync from the saved version (by telling it to use the version on your Mac as the canonical version).

You can't do that in iCloud.

I've got a call open with Apple on this issue right now and they are saying that there's no real way for them to remove the errant meeting and I'll probably have to wait until it expires in December (and just be very careful not to accidentally alter the meeting causing lots of notifications to be sent out).

However they are still looking into it in the hope that they can find a solution. Watch this space.

Remove an iCal event without sending updates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.