Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Troubles with homesharing/ apple tv

I recently bough an Apple TV 2nd generation and home sharing is not working well.

What drives me crazy is that it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.

Things I already checked:

- all devices are set up to the same account

- firewall is not blocked

- router and apple tv are updated

- wifi is working perfectly

I don't know why that happens, last week it was working perfectly (airplay from iphone and ipad as well) and now nothing works.

Can anyone help????

Thank you in advance!

AppleTV 2

Posted on May 1, 2012 11:45 AM

7 replies

May 1, 2012 5:19 PM in response to tati.ana

seems like a lot of people are having this problem; there are dozens of topics on the issue and apparently it's not confined to apple tv.

my experience has been that i can get video content to play if i manually choose the "apple tv" option from the playback bar in itunes. if i access it directly through apple tv, forget it.

of course, this does me no good when attempting to play music because there's no itunes option to send music tracks on apple tv. i get less than 3 minutes of play before home sharing dies.

so, so frustrating.

Troubles with homesharing/ apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.