Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Other" takes 10.8 GB in my iPhone 4S

I cannot figure out why 10.8 MB of my iPhone 4S are taken up by "Other". I have restored the phone twice to no avail. I have synced omitting the music, and then synced again (I read those tips in the forum). Nothing helped. I have no messages with attached pictures, no voicemails, nothing I can think of taking up that much space. I sync my iPad from the same computer using similar settings and "Other" hardly takes up any space.

I shall appreciate any help.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 1, 2012 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2012 2:27 PM

This means that something is corrupt in on your phone and restoring from backup simply returns the problem to the phone. You'll have to save as much of your data as possible (contacts, photos, videos, apps, etc.) and write down your email account settings, then restore your phone as new and sync with iTunes to transfer your iTunes media and apps back to your phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2012 2:27 PM in response to Acqua

This means that something is corrupt in on your phone and restoring from backup simply returns the problem to the phone. You'll have to save as much of your data as possible (contacts, photos, videos, apps, etc.) and write down your email account settings, then restore your phone as new and sync with iTunes to transfer your iTunes media and apps back to your phone.

"Other" takes 10.8 GB in my iPhone 4S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.