Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic and Disk Mode

I have a 5th generation iPod and I can't seem to get it to into disk mode. I've tried to complete the mentioned process on a flat surface and still no luck. I have a lot on my device and I'd love to be using it. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you!

iPod classic

Posted on May 1, 2012 5:53 PM

1 reply

May 7, 2012 1:01 AM in response to Riverteacher

Did you see the Apple logo, after 6 secs?

When you put it in Disk Mode, you are using it as a Portable Hardisk, so I can't get what you meant by this statement,

I have a lot on my device and I'd love to be using it.

In Diskmode, you cant play music or watch video or Podcast

1. Before placing the iPod into Disk Mode, verify that it is charged.
  2. Toggle the Hold switch on and off (set it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
  3. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least six seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.
    User uploaded file
  5. Connect the iPod to your computer; the screen on the iPod will should say "Do not disconnect".

iPod Classic and Disk Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.