Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari screen suddenly zooms in to huge size

I am using a wireless mouse on my intel iMac, and when I am using Safari, and no other program, when I am navigating, the screen will suddenly zoom in and get huge. I don't think I am doing anything repeatable when this happens. I cannot do anything to zoom back out. So, I need to go back a page and start over at the normal screen size. This is annoying, especially when I have just reached a page I need to see. Any ideas?

Posted on May 1, 2012 7:03 PM

11 replies

Dec 9, 2012 4:22 PM in response to Philip Siddell

Philip, With my iMac and wireless mouse, it is a double tap with one finger. That works in Safari for normal zooms. But the sudden zoom - which seems to appear only on some websites, or maybe at some phases of the moon - is different. The sudden zoom occurs without a double tap, zooms in so far that only a small fraction of the page is visible, and CMD minus and double tapping have no effect.

Dec 13, 2012 10:59 AM in response to scuba-diveguy

MaynardfromCincy seems to have provided the best answer. It was happening to me as well (I'm a relatively new mac user, Yay!), and I was really getting annoyed. Using CMD minus wan't not the answer; it caused the type on the page to become condensed to the point of being unreadable. The correct answer seems to be "a double tap with one finger". Thanks MaynardfromCincy!

Safari screen suddenly zooms in to huge size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.