Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete a photo from all of my Photostream devices?

When I delete a photo from the Photostream in iPhoto, shouldn't it disappear from my iPhone and iPad or do I have to delete it there too? Or maybe it just takes time to disappear from my other iOS devices? I am not going to be happy if I have to manually delete my photos from each device! I ask because I deleted a bunch of photos from the Photostream in iPhoto and they still appear on my phone and iPad an hour later.

iPhone 4S, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 1, 2012 8:18 PM

5 replies

May 2, 2012 11:02 AM in response to MilwaukeeBraves

I wish that were true. I deleted 20 photos yesterday in the Photostream tab in iPhoto. Today those same 20 photos are still in my Photostream on my iPad and my iPhone. All the other photos are the same on all 3 devices. I only have one iCloud account. I still have my MobileMe account but don't believe that has any impact on Photostream. Is there something I need to do to refresh Photostream on my iOS devices? A picture I took yesterday appears in all 3 places so I know it is syncing just fine otherwise. In theory, I should have the same number of photos in my Photostream. In iPhoto, I have 863. On my phone and iPad, I have 917. Something ain't working the way it should!

May 2, 2012 3:38 PM in response to Dan Bryant1

Ok Dan, try this. Launch iPhoto on your Mac. From the iPhoto preferences, select the Photo Stream icon then disable the "Enable Photo Stream" check box. On your iPad and iPhone tap the Settings icon then tap the iCloud icon. You may have to scroll down to see the Photo Stream option. Set the Photo Stream option to OFF on both devices. Now go back and turn on Photo Stream in iPhoto (from your Mac), iPad, and iPhone. The chances are pretty good that your problem will be corrected.

Oct 7, 2012 5:22 PM in response to Dan Bryant1

I have a follow-up question. When turning off Photo Strem in iPhoto, it says it will remove all photos from the Photo Strem view.

Is this just the last 1000 photos that exist in my photo stream, or all the photo streams I have in iPhoto?

Since Photo Stream was enabled, I have tons of Photo Stream "events" that are by month. I don't care to have these deleted... so am wondering what this action does exactly before I try fix my own photosream photo deletion issue.

How do I delete a photo from all of my Photostream devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.