Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

short battery life ofter 5.1 upgrade

The battery of iPhone 4 (not S) after upgrading to iOS 5.1 dies in 10-12 hours to 10% with Wi-Fi and 3G turned on.

With iOS 5.0.1 it worked for 2-3 days.

If I turn off wi-fi and 3G it stays for 5 days.

It seems that it is definetly the software problem.

The same problem appears on some more 3 iPhones 4 I know.

When the patch could be released?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 2, 2012 4:54 AM

6 replies

May 2, 2012 3:29 PM in response to LizElwell

I have the same issue. I upgraded to a 4S a month ago. I previously had a 4th gen that was running iOS 5.0. I did not have ANY battery issues at all. I did not have to charge it daily, unless I used it that day to watch an ENTIRE baseball game. My iphone 4S.

I have followed all of these suggestions on the forums:

deleting mail accounts-then adding them back, ALL notifications are off, Nothing in the notification center, Location services are off except for Only 1 app at a time-at the most, 3G is off, No apps running in the background, Deleted mail account-without adding it back, soft reset, icloud is off, all system location services are off, I reset network settings, siri is off, Auto-set Time zone is off, bluetooth is off, brightness is set to low, I have changed the cable & power source I use to charge & sync with, etc.

The end result is always the same. The battery drains & it feels warm to the touch.

My phone is 100% charged when I leave my house @ 9am, it is essentially on standby while at work because I have to keep it in my locker. By 2pm it only has 20% battery life left.

So I am unable to enjoy all of the things that make it so awesome, in order for me to avoid missing or make an important phone call.

I don't know what else to do. My next option is to take off work, make an appointment at the apple store, which is 1 1/2 hours away.

short battery life ofter 5.1 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.