Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud, iChat, Bonjour, Problems

Before Lion, in snow leopard, I used iChat bonour accounts for 4 of my office computers to communicate between staff members. I was able to use MobileMe to sync bookmarks, addressbook, and iCal. Each computer had it's own "address card" and so each iChat account showed up uniquily as it's own person in the bonjour buddy list.

Now, after an upgrade to Lion and migration to iCloud (and syncing iCloud between 3 of the 4 computers) iChat bonjour accounts behave strangely. Here's how:

All 4 computers call themselves by the same name "Front Office 1". I have gone in to address book on each computer to change "my card" on all 4 computers hoping to get the iChat name to change, but even after that, they all stay named as "Front Office 1" and the cards don't change. In other words, I find the card I want to be that particular computers, and say, "Make this my card" and moments later, so "go to my card" and it goes to the "Front Office 1" card. I'm wondering if that is a iCloud sync issue.

The weird thing is that one of the computers, mine, does not sync with this iCloud account but with my pesonal iCloud account, but it keeps assigning the "front office 1" card as my own personal card in address book and therefore in iChat bonjour. So it seems to be an iCloud syncing problem on the other three computers, but I can't figure out why my computer, which syncs with another iCloud account, keeps assigning my card as "front office 1"

Any thoughts on how I can get iChat bonjour to work with iCloud syncing and how to get each individual computer it's own name in iChat?

In other words, I want to be able to sync with iCloud my address book--essential to business operations. I also need to use iChat bonjour and want each computer to have it's own name in iChat--also essential to business operations. I was able to do this before with mobileme, but it now appears that iCloud is making this not work. I'm wondering if I am overlooking some setting or option.

Thanks

Posted on May 2, 2012 10:32 AM

There are no replies.

iCloud, iChat, Bonjour, Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.