Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac is not connected to the internet. How can I update the software?

I want to update the software of my mac pro but it is not and cannot be connected to the internet. Is there some way to do this?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 2, 2012 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2012 12:09 PM

You could ask a friend to download the files and put them on a DVD or USB flash drive for you. Also, if you take a blank disc of flash drive to a local Apple retailer, they may be able to provide the files for you. You may also find help at a local Mac user group if one is in your locale.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2012 12:09 PM in response to Jruvio

You could ask a friend to download the files and put them on a DVD or USB flash drive for you. Also, if you take a blank disc of flash drive to a local Apple retailer, they may be able to provide the files for you. You may also find help at a local Mac user group if one is in your locale.

May 2, 2012 12:21 PM in response to Jruvio

Sure, you can download the disc image (.dmg) and zipped (.zip) files onto your PC. Then transfer them to a FAT32 (MSDOS) formatted flash drive that you can then read and copy onto the Mac. Just do not attempt to open either type of file on the PC which can result in corrupting the files once copied onto the Mac.

Might I ask why you cannot connect the Mac Pro to your internet connection?

May 2, 2012 12:38 PM in response to Jruvio

All Apple updaters can be located at www.apple.com/downloads/. Usually they are provided as standalone updaters in disc image, .dmg, format.

Gotcha! What you might do is discuss this matter with your IT people since it is possible to allow the computer access to the Internet without compromising security at least for when you need to download Apple software updates.

my mac is not connected to the internet. How can I update the software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.