Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem importing mp3s in projects

I down loaded some mp3 backing tracks, created projects with them in GB on my MacBook, and imported them into my iPad with no problems. I have other backing tracks created either from midis I have down loaded or created with music notation programs. I tried converting them to mp3s so I could do the same thing. However, when I attempt to import them into GB on my iPad, I get and error message to the effect that the mp3 is damaged. I have made the conversion both with GB on the MacBook and with music notation programs, and everything works fine on the MacBook, I just can't get them into my iPad.

iPad, iOS 5

Posted on May 2, 2012 1:43 PM

6 replies

May 2, 2012 2:00 PM in response to wschart

You can't use mp3 format files in GarageBand for iOS projects...

Adding audio sample to GarageBand

Connect the device, select it in the left-hand column, open the Apps tab, scroll down to File Sharing, select GarageBand, add files with the button or drag and drop onto the file area. Files should be uncompressed audio in AIFF, WAV, CAF or Apple Loops format at 16bit, 44.1 kHz.

Macloops is a potential source of new loops, no doubt there are others, and you can roll your own...

Insert audio sample into song

Open song in GarageBand for iOS, if needed switch to Tracks view or stop if playing, use the loops tool, audio files section, to insert your audio...

tt2

May 3, 2012 1:26 PM in response to turingtest2

I am familiar with thar, in fact, that is how I was able to successfully import some projects. I actually got this from the YouTube video the article cites at the end.

Last night I tried converting one of the problem tracks to a .wav file but when I tried to import to my iPad, I got the same message: the .wav file appears to be damaged. So I am suspecting the problem is my software that does the converse is creating wav or mp3 files that have some sort of problem on the iPad, even though they work fine on my MacBook.

Problem importing mp3s in projects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.