Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Toshiba Laptop Stopped Recognizing Nano

I have two laptops both running windows 7. One laptop still reads and syncs nano, the other stopped. This is an ipod Nano multi-touch. Recently, the Toshiba laptop had the motherboard replaced. This is when it stopped responding to the nano when I plug it in via usb. Absolutely nothing happens. No error, no funny logo on the nano, it's like nothing was plugged in to the laptop. The nano and laptop just look at each other like "what?" My first thought is it needs drivers cuz that's how pc's work. Eveyrthing is about drivers. Other devices are recognized when I plug them into usb such as android phone, mouse etc. The nano is also recognized by other computers. Any suggestions?

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on May 2, 2012 1:23 PM

2 replies

May 4, 2012 3:11 PM in response to chathco

Recently, the Toshiba laptop had the motherboard replaced.

Check also to make sure that your BIOS and chipset drivers are up to date for the new motherboard. (Toshiba USB connections to Apple devices can be a little cranky if they aren't up-to-date, although it's not as common an issue as it used to be.)

If no joy there, the following (old) document might also be worth a try:

iPod not recognized when connected to Windows laptop over USB

Toshiba Laptop Stopped Recognizing Nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.