Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Apple TV what is the max number of photos can have on screen saver via iTunes?

Have updated to the new Apple TV and we enjoy flicking on old family photos (via iTunes and a PC) but with the folder of about 1500 photos it keeps repeating only about a 100 of them. Can the system not handle this number of photos?!

Thanks

AppleTV 2, Windows 7

Posted on May 2, 2012 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2012 2:46 PM

The Apple TV only has a small amount of memory, it cannot hold a large number of photos for the screensaver. I'm not entirely certain, but my feeling is that the number it can hold it depends on their size and hence their resolution. I have seen some reports from some users that they only see 30 to 50 photos, myself I see over 100, but certainly not all the 10,000+ photos I have linked it too.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2012 2:46 PM in response to stuffednz

The Apple TV only has a small amount of memory, it cannot hold a large number of photos for the screensaver. I'm not entirely certain, but my feeling is that the number it can hold it depends on their size and hence their resolution. I have seen some reports from some users that they only see 30 to 50 photos, myself I see over 100, but certainly not all the 10,000+ photos I have linked it too.

In Apple TV what is the max number of photos can have on screen saver via iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.