Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

isight camera cuts off in skype

i have tried to use skype for the last few weeks and every single time, my isight camera cuts off. not only are their no other apps using the isight camera at the time, but there are no other applications open AT ALL.

this happened before, and i had to get a new LCD. but this time, it works on other applications: FaceTime, photo booth, imovie, etc.

just not skype.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB RAM

Posted on May 2, 2012 2:25 PM

3 replies

May 2, 2012 5:11 PM in response to Jonathan Sprang

Jonathan Sprang wrote:

i have tried to use skype for the last few weeks and every single time, my isight camera cuts off. not only are their no other apps using the isight camera at the time, but there are no other applications open AT ALL.

this happened before, and i had to get a new LCD. but this time, it works on other applications: FaceTime, photo booth, imovie, etc.

just not skype.

Meaning the green light shuts off? 😕

User uploaded file

May 3, 2012 2:35 PM in response to Jonathan Sprang

Jonathan Sprang wrote:

... the green light shuts off and the video stops working and the isight camera is missing from the options for video.

Because your camera works for Apple apps, the problem is with Skype, not your Mac. Verify that your Mac OS X software is up to date and that you are using the most current version of Skype that is compatible with your system.

For Skype-specific problems like this, Skype's comprehensive support system should best be able to help you use their product with your system.

Start here: https://support.skype.com/

Or, click this link for help specifically related to Mac video calls.

You can also search or post for help with your problem in Skype's dedicated Skype Discussions for Mac. The Skype users who post there may have already solved the same problem.

If nothing else works, you can even sign in and ask for email help directly from Skype's Technical Support people.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.7.3

isight camera cuts off in skype

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.