Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make MacBook Pro use intel Graphic card only?

When unpluged, my 15' pro always use AMD praphic makes my battery only work for 2-3 hours. Is there a way to stop computer using AMD graphic card when i'm not playing game???

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 2, 2012 1:52 PM

6 replies

Jul 24, 2012 10:55 AM in response to NzqFrOX

Try using this software (It is 3rd party but it is safe) called gfxCardStatus. It just places itself on the top bar or side bar (not the dock) it will probably be a d in italics (this is italics for those who don't know) or an i. Just click on it and click on the Integrated Only option in the bar which will switch the card to the original integrated graphics card. Also, check for dependencies bellow the "Dynamic Switching" option (if there isn't just skip this) dependencies can cause changes to your graphics card usage and may be the problem; for me it was but who knows it might be some internal error. If you don't trust me I totally understand just putting it up there for those who want it. You can follow the above option by "ds store" which might also work.

Link: http://codykrieger.com/gfxCardStatus

How to make MacBook Pro use intel Graphic card only?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.