Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari not connecting

Recently I have been experiencing connection problems while using Safari. For reasons unknown to me and randomly, I'll be in the middle of a browsing session and then safari gets "hung up". Won't connect to the page. I don't think it's the wifi connection or signal b/c it shows full strength. When I look at Sys Pref it shows a green light and an IP address. Sometimes I'll turn on/off wifi and sometimes helps; sometimes I close safari and mostly doesn't help. I don't know where the "disconnect" is. It's my home macbook, my own network, password protected. Where's the breakdown.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 2, 2012 3:00 PM

1 reply

May 2, 2012 3:23 PM in response to gary289

Hi Gary..

Apple suggests using OpenDNS > Safari 5.0.1 or later: Slow or partial webpage loading, or webpage cannot be found

Very easy to setup.

Open System Preferences / Preferences then select the Network tab. Click the Advanced tab then click the DNS tab.

Click +

Enter these addresses exactly as you see them here.

Click +

Then click OK.

Quit then relaunch Safari to test.

Use OpenDNS for better speed, more security, includes anti phishing filters, prevents browser redirects, and it's free.

safari not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.