Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get maximum resolution on my AOC i2353

I just got a new AOC i2353 monitor hoping to pair it with my 13' macbook pro(2010 model) via display port to HDMI adapter and HDMI cable directly to the monitor. Howerver, i can't get it to display at maximum resolution it offer(max is 1080i). I can't run any of the drivers and installation softwares came with the it and my macbook pro won't detect the monitor. When i set it to 1080i mode, I see horizontal and vertical disturbances or waving. Also, picture become blurred. However, if i switch it to 1080p, picture become much shaper and no waving. Is there anyway to hard set the native resolution of the display since my macbook pro( Max OS x 10.6.8, 2.4 GHZ core 2 duo and Nvidia GeForce 320M) won't auto dectect my new montior.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 2, 2012 3:35 PM

1 reply

Jul 21, 2012 6:16 AM in response to JenHo

I have a mid 2011 13' MBP and just bought this monitor. I used thunderbolt to VGA connector to link to the monitor, which works great as it leaves the two HDMI ports open (one of which I use for hooking up an xbox). I didnt run any of the drivers or anything like that. Just went into system preferences - displays, then increased the resolution to 1920 x 1080. I think you can also use the OSD on the monitor itself to make the change. Not sure how helpful that is, but good luck!

Can't get maximum resolution on my AOC i2353

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.