Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening iPhoto I get this message "do you want to use iPhoto when you connect your digital camera"

Opening iPhoto I've been getting this message "Do you want to use iPhoto when you connect your digital camera", I click YES. The message pops up after a computer restart, or after several minutes go by then opening iPhoto again.

Things I've done are remove iPhoto and reinstall, zero out HD and reinstall everything (Mac Mini). My wife's and my MacBook Air dosen't have this issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3), (Mid 2011) 13.3" 1.8GHz i7 256GB 4G

Posted on May 2, 2012 5:04 PM

5 replies

May 2, 2012 5:24 PM in response to Mini-Mac

Make a temporary, backup copy (if you don't already have a backup copy) of the library and try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home(User uploaded file)/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete iPhoto's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home(User uploaded file)/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto folder.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

3 - launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: If you're moved your library from its default location in your Home/Pictures folder you will have to point iPhoto to its new location when you next open iPhoto by holding down the Option key when launching iPhoto. You'll also have to reset the iPhoto's various preferences.

OT

Opening iPhoto I get this message "do you want to use iPhoto when you connect your digital camera"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.