Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why I can't open my Aperture 3?

Last Friday I bought online aperture 3, but can't be opened on my iMac. I have all the requirements needed to do it. How can I try to download it again if doesn't appear in my iTunes? It apperars that I bought it I have even the invoice number but not the software.

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 2, 2012 4:32 PM

13 replies

May 2, 2012 10:08 PM in response to Elleca

Did you buy aperture from the AppStore?

• is it the Aperture Installer you are running and that is giving the error messaga?

Then set the Date in the Date in" SystemPreferences -> Date&Time" to a date before March 2012 ad run the Installer again. If that succeeds and Aperture now runs , reset the date to te current date.

• Or das the Aperture application crashing? Inspect the Crashlog, if the folowing framework is mentioned as the reason for crashing:
    /Library/Frameworks/PluginManager.framework/Versions/B/PluginManager

Then probably your system has been corrupted by the installation of Final Cut and you need to reinstall your system; see this support article: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3528 and the solution would be to reinstall your system.

Post back, if you need further advice.

Regards

Léonie

May 2, 2012 11:18 PM in response to léonie

Yes I bought aperture from the Mexico AppStore. It is the Apperture application the one that is crashing.

The Problem Report for Aperture says

"Dyld Error Msge: Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/PluginManager,framework/Versions/b/PluginManager

Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:

/Library/Frameworks/PlluginManager,framework/Versions/B/PluginManager: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

The article that you suggested to read asks to Update to the OS X v10.6.7 combo but I already have the Mac OS X v10.8.8.

Sorry for the silly question but I'm just an old lady who doesn't knnow much about computers : } If I have to reinstall my system do all my stuff will be safe, I mean, all my files, photos and videos?

Thanks for the help.

May 3, 2012 1:06 AM in response to Elleca

If I have to reinstall my system do all my stuff will be safe, I mean, all my files, photos and videos?

The installation should only change the system files, not your home folder, but in any case, please do not do a reinstall before you have made a working backup of your system.

The article that you suggested to read asks to Update to the OS X v10.6.7 combo but I already have the Mac OS X v10.8.8.

Then you are running a prerelease beta version version of Mountain Lion and and are bound by a non-disclosure agreement, that forbids to post any information in a public forum. Please ask in the MacOS Developer Forum open only to Developers.

but I'm just an old lady who doesn't knnow much about computers

Then it is really hard to believe that your system is a developer beta version - are you really sure it is not 10.6.8? Then don't reinstall 10.8.8 but downgrade to 10.7.3. (or 10.6.8.)

As an unexperienced user without a background in system developement you would be far better of with MacOS 10.6.8 or 10.7.3. Those are stable releases that would give you far less trouble 😀.

Regards

Léonie

Why I can't open my Aperture 3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.