Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help. I change my Apple ID and it will not update to my iCloud , how do I change it?

Help. I change my Apple ID and it will not update to my iCloud , how do I change it?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on May 2, 2012 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2012 5:13 PM

Welcome to the Apple community.

If you have changed your Apple ID, you need to delete your iCloud account on your iOS device (settings > iCloud, scroll down and delete account), and then add your iCloud account back using your updated details.

9 replies

Jan 3, 2014 12:58 AM in response to kw929

OK. I solved my issue. Before changing your address on your Apple ID, you MUST be signed out of iCloud and iTunes on your phone! If your old email keeps reappearing on your phone (and is grayed out), you'll have to go to your computer and change address back to the OLD address. Then, go back to phone and either (1) sign out or (2) remove the iCloud and/or iTunes apps which are opened - (which you'll be prompted to use old email address to verify). Finally, go back to computer and change email address back to the new one. You'll then be able to set up apps on phone using the changed email address.

Ugh, it took a while, but it worked!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.