Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Artisan 835 PDF Size and Quality Really Huge and Bad

Hi All-

We have an Artisan 835 Epson All in one, which has typically been a great product EXCEPT for the drivers! The PDF scans are blurred and HUGE!

I recently got irratated enough to test a document in Mac 10.6 and //s Win 7 on the same machine.

The Mac built in scanner software (from the printer app) produced a crappy looking 10+Mb image from two pages of text.

The Win7 with Epson stock software (just loaded from scratch yesterday) using Epson Scan produced a clean, 780kb version of the same.

What is up? I am not sure what is going on with the built in PDF converter but this is kind of ridiculous. Has anyone found a solution to this problem and are able to get a decent PDF scan off this device using Mac software? Running Win7 so I can scan a document that is readable and can actually be emailed to someone seems like a pretty low bar and table stakes for any decent OS.

Help appreciated!!!

Jim

Macbook Pro 10.6.8

all the latest software updates applied (including epson drivers - but from software update)

Posted on May 2, 2012 6:05 PM

There are no replies.

Artisan 835 PDF Size and Quality Really Huge and Bad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.