Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s: i CANNOT download any Apps cos App Store keep popping up "security info required", why??

i get into appstore trying to download a free app

then it pop up "security info required" ** This happens after I put in my password

i choose 3 questions and answers as it want me to

after i've filled in all, and choose 'Done',

iPhone seems sending data, then Done button is back available again

i keep 'Done' for several times. i supposed it would finish and continue to download an app i'm trying to

but there is nothing continue and i got stucked at that page !!

i cannot download any app

pls help T_T

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 2, 2012 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2012 7:54 PM

Try going into iTunes store on your computer and filling out the information there.

11 replies

May 2, 2012 8:31 PM in response to gdgmacguy

gdgmacguy 🙂 thank you

i have been into iTunes store on computer and tried your suggestion.

this time, after i have selected all security questions and answers

then i click OK to .. continue

i cannot get through !

there is a red sentence! keep telling me like this:

"Your year of birth must be between 1880 and 2010."

what??

where/how could i get to correct something like that in that page ? !

does anyone know how to change year of birth of MyAppleID?

does it really exist?

{ :O or .... i really was born before 1880 T_T" hehe -- but serious as i cannot download any app anymore T_T}

Jun 23, 2012 12:46 PM in response to juneAppleSupportCommunities

Im also having problems... basically i saw the thing popping up, i clicked ok, i filled in the new questions however when i clicked on the last option (of the 3) i couldn't click it.. it was not frozen or anything i just kept clickin it and waiter FORVER and it dont work... please someone reply i really need to download some apps 😟

Dec 2, 2012 10:13 AM in response to juneAppleSupportCommunities

I have just completed this procedure and would like to say thank you randers4!

I went into Apple shop the other day looking for Lion, and just asked whilst I was there about this very same problem.

The shop assistant advised me to speak to Apple by email and someone will be able to assist in getting through this issue regarding date of birth.

They got back to me (email) and advised me that they can only help if I call a premium rate number (0844), after a few emails to and fro the Apple advisor still insisted I call the premium rate number as it is the only way!

Usually I would just have googled the problem but thought as it was now in the process of being looked at that I would just go with it.

I have just emailed the support assistant, telling him/her that I find it appaling that they advised me that the only way was to call this premium rate number, and that I found the answer on Apples own 'Apple Support Communities' and their advisors are oblivious to it...........commission scam? or just generic script sent by Apple bots?????

iPhone 4s: i CANNOT download any Apps cos App Store keep popping up "security info required", why??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.