Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't scan from printer control panel on Canon Pixma MG5270

I have just connected my Canon Pixma MG5270 to my iMac running OSX 10.7.3 via WiFi. Printing works great, and scanning from the desktop "Canon MP Navigator EX - MG 5200 series" V 4.0.3 application works like a dream. When I try to scan via the operations panel on the printer/scanner the following comes up - Set the PC to start scanning". This worked fine when connected directly via USB cable. I have searched the web and believe I have the correct settings, particuliarly in MP Navigator:

1. Main Menu -> One-click -> Start scanning by clicking the button (checked)

2. Main Menu -> One-click -> Preferences -> General -> Compress scanned images when transferring (checked) -> Change -> Network Device List (selected Canon MG 5200 series_xxxxxxxxx) -> Scan-from-Operation-Panel Settings -> Network Device List (selected Canon MG5200 series_xxxxxxx)

I have restarted the iMac and printer and always with the same result.

Any help appreciated!!

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on May 3, 2012 2:09 AM

7 replies

May 3, 2012 2:54 AM in response to gregproberts

See here for full installation procedure (it's a very long article from the Canon Web Site)

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/ InkJet/PIXMA_MG_series/PIXMA_MG5250.aspx?faqtcmuri=tcm:14-776467&page=1&type=faq

I haven't read through it fully, did I mention it's a very long article? There's something about registering the scanner during installation.

Hope this helps

Can't scan from printer control panel on Canon Pixma MG5270

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.