Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to save a copy of iPad user guide

Hi,

I've just acquired a new 64 GB iPad and was trying to save a copy of the user guide which

I d/l from the Apple Store. Each time I hit "save as" I get a window saying the "The document

iPad_user_guide.pdf could not be exported as iPad_user_guide.pdf"

I don't understand the "exported" bit as it that doesn't appear in the Safari-file window.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can save a copy to my iMac for reference?

Alan

Posted on May 3, 2012 4:00 AM

4 replies

May 3, 2012 4:19 AM in response to ribbo39

I don't know if the Adobe Reader plug in is installed in your version of Safari - but when I download the file this is what my Safari window looks like and I can click on the blue disk icon in the upper left to save the file to the desktop.

User uploaded file

Or try this. Go here.

http://support.apple.com/manuals/

Right click on the iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 and then select "download linked file". That should work for you.

Message was edited by: Demo

May 3, 2012 4:38 AM in response to Skydiver119

Hi Demo & Skydiver,

Problem solved.

I do have the Adobe Acrobat plug-ins installed in Safari, however I don't seem to have a blue disc in upper left to click on and save.

When I try a right click all I get is "add texture, select tool, hand tool, marquee zoom,rotate, print, find document properties, and page display prefs."

To overcome this problem, I noticed under Tools (right hand side) there is a send files/attach to email which already has the iPad user guide in the select file box. Clicked on attach button which then opened up an "how would you like to email this document? window . I chose "send copy" and an email page opened with the file

listed. All I then did was to drag it to the desk top. Bingo its saved.

This is a bit long winded way of saving the guide but at least it worked.

Thanks for your help

Alan

Unable to save a copy of iPad user guide

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.