Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

err 50

Hello Guys

Some help appreciated.

I keep getting the error 50 code when downloading a single episode of a tv show. This is an isolated problem, I have made multiple other episode downloads for other shows and multiple apps.

I have followed the commonly placed responses to the problem listed in the forum and have been unable to resolve the issue.

I have also had contact with itunes support with no further response to my problem for last 3 days.

I am at a bit of a loss as to what to try next.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jason

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3), iTunes 10.6.1

Posted on May 3, 2012 5:59 AM

10 replies

May 9, 2012 3:31 AM in response to katross

Hi katross

Unfortunately I have not but in some way I may of fixed the problem soon.

I was working with a gentleman in the itunes support who frankly was not the greatest of helpers and just churned out the same stock replies.

Eventually I got quite frank with him in an email and said if he had bothered to read any of the information I was providing he would of realised that the issue lay with the file itself. I had tried to download across multiple devices in my home - iMac, iPad, macbook pro, apple tv HD, iphone - the file would not download across any of these individually, almost had a win on the ipad where it downloaded the whole file but could not complete the conversion processing bit at the end......very frustrating.

Anyway he got the idea when I asked for supervisor to get involved the person got the idea and told me not to attempt download for 2 weeks as the file is being reviewed as possibly faulty. There are three submissions, one my own, on itunes store regarding this problem as feedback for the show itself, please click for most recent feedback as it defaults to most helpful. If you leave some feedback as well they might sort out this issue.

Cheers

Jason

May 9, 2012 5:36 AM in response to JasenAli

JasenAli wrote:

Hi rkaufmann87 unfortunately applecare pointed out that the issue lay with the store.

Cheers

Jason

I don't know why that would be unfortunate, while it's an inconvenience to take it to a store now you know what to do. When you do you should have a case number that you can give the people at the store so they can expedite things.

May 9, 2012 4:57 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Its unfortunate because unlike the itunes store support, the applecare has a person at the end of the phone that you can discuss the problem. You can better discern if they understand what it is you are trying to tell them, not just churn out stock replies to questions you have despite listing the same instructions as things you have already tried to do in an effort to self help. Also not being replied to for 4 days and being unable to ask other operators as it was with the first person was frustrating. Poor communication.

My biggest issue with this whole episode has been the level of support trying to rectify the problem. Frankly they could and should do better.

May 9, 2012 6:51 PM in response to JasenAli

A couple of things, first you should have a case ID, this is provided so when the case is escalated which something you could have requested the next support person can see what has been done and take it from there.

While it has a been a couple of years since I have an occasion to use when I did use it the support was superb. Since then Apple sales has grown exponentially and they have to hire more and more support people. I'm sure you know in order to really know a job well it takes more than basic training and sometimes years to master the art, so perhaps that's what you were running into. While this won't make your experience any different perhaps it will help explain what happened.

err 50

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.