Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto crashes on launch, iPad3

I just purchased iPhoto a couple of days ago, installed on a brand new iPad3 (less than a week old). The app loaded to the iPad but when I launch it, it comes up (with photos) for about 5 seconds and then closes on it's own. Deleted and reloaded, same.

iPad

Posted on May 3, 2012 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2012 11:58 AM

I seem to recall that when iPhoto was first released several users had this problem. I think one cause might be some kind of corruption in one or more or your photos. If that is the case it is difficult and time consuming to determine which photo or photos might be causing the problem.

You'll have to remove all photos from your iPad except for one album with one photo. Hopefully that will be a good photo and present no problems. Then start iPhoto for iOS and see if iPhoto behaves as it should. If it does then you could load additional albums one at a time and check iPhoto between each sync. If iPhoto stops working then a photo in the most recently loaded album could be the culprit.

Before doing any of that, however, I would try a reboot of your iPad. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously ignoring the red slider until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the iPad restart. See if that fixes your problem.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2012 11:58 AM in response to JDinOH

I seem to recall that when iPhoto was first released several users had this problem. I think one cause might be some kind of corruption in one or more or your photos. If that is the case it is difficult and time consuming to determine which photo or photos might be causing the problem.

You'll have to remove all photos from your iPad except for one album with one photo. Hopefully that will be a good photo and present no problems. Then start iPhoto for iOS and see if iPhoto behaves as it should. If it does then you could load additional albums one at a time and check iPhoto between each sync. If iPhoto stops working then a photo in the most recently loaded album could be the culprit.

Before doing any of that, however, I would try a reboot of your iPad. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously ignoring the red slider until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the iPad restart. See if that fixes your problem.

iPhoto crashes on launch, iPad3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.