Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain access does not work for websites after OSX update - 10.5 to 10.6

After updating OSX from 10.5 to 10.6 my keychain access does not work for all login websites I had setup. Is there a pdf manual for keychain access to download ?

I need to setup keychain access so that I don't have to type in my username and password for websites requiring logon.

Thanks.

Jeff.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 3, 2012 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2012 11:24 AM

Run Keychain Access and repair the login.keychain file. I've never had an issue between OSs, using the same file in multiple ones. BTW, some sites ignore KA and refuse to allow pasting in that info from KA; you have to manually enter it each time you visit.

4 replies

May 3, 2012 10:26 PM in response to baltwo

I've tried repairing the keychain file but the problem persists. Is there a way to find out which web sites ignore KA pasting in login details ? The sites I visited before upgrading to 10.6 worked with KA, but now they don't. I did have to enter the first letter of say my user name before KA prompted for my login password and then it did the rest.

May 4, 2012 6:15 AM in response to baltwo

I've found the problem. After seeing that mail could retrieve mailserver passwords I figured the problem was with Safari. Looking at the preferences I saw that the Usernames and passwords tick box under Autofill was unchecked - still unsure how this happened. After checking this box, all websites requiring login are automated by keychain access as before.

Keychain access does not work for websites after OSX update - 10.5 to 10.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.