Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari google home page not searching ?

I'm having a problem with Google on safari Version 5.1.5 when I open a new tab with Google as the home page I can type what I am looking for, hit enter or the search button on Google and it dose nothing. The only way I can search for something is either using the small search bar in the top right of safari, or type what I want in to Google then click on Google images then click back to the search then it will finally search for it. It has just become a bit annoying and only started doing it the other day. If anyone has any ideas I would be thankfull.

Posted on May 3, 2012 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2012 12:58 PM

Hi..

Empty your Safari cache more often. Go to your Safari menu bar, click Safari > Empty Cache

If that doesn't help, back to the menu bar, click Safari > Preferences > Privacy.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Quit then relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help either, open the Finder.

From the Finder menu bar (top of your screen) click Go > Go to Folder

Type this exactly as you see it here: ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Try Safari.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2012 12:58 PM in response to ScMurray

Hi..

Empty your Safari cache more often. Go to your Safari menu bar, click Safari > Empty Cache

If that doesn't help, back to the menu bar, click Safari > Preferences > Privacy.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Quit then relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help either, open the Finder.

From the Finder menu bar (top of your screen) click Go > Go to Folder

Type this exactly as you see it here: ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Try Safari.

Safari google home page not searching ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.