Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 1 to Apple TV 2 - AirPlay No Audio

I have a suite of apple devices...

iMac

iPad 1

iPhone 4

Apple TV 2

Airport express

Time capsule (Internal wireless router and hub)

My iMac, and Apple TV are hard wired, while the other components are wireless.

AirPlay streaming from my phone works fine

Streaming from my iMac works fine

Streaming from the iPad to the Airport express is fine

I cannot get a peep out of teh Apple TV.

Whether I'm playing from the Music app, Spotify or A N other, the Apple TV producses no sound from the iPad as a source.

I have tried...

Rebooting the Apple TV

Rebooting the iPad

resetting the Apple TV to defaults

Still no joy. When I begin playing something on the iPad, the Apple TV shows what I am playing on screen but no audio is output through either the optical or HDMI output. If I play directly from the Apple TV or AirPlay from the iPhone 4 then all works fine.

Can anyone offer any advice?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on May 3, 2012 7:07 AM

6 replies

May 3, 2012 2:50 PM in response to tiefling

Many apps don't natively support that audio out to the apple tv, (spotify, pandora, ect) Normally the work around is to get it going with the music app then back out of the music and open the other app (pandora, crackle) and the audio will switch. As far as getting the audio initially try running the music on the ipad then toggle airplay on and skip back to the initial song. At this point if you still have no sound toggle screen mirroring as well all while letting the song run on the ipad.

iPad 1 to Apple TV 2 - AirPlay No Audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.