Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have lost Address book app how do I recover it please. Thank you.

Mac OS X (10.7.2), Various

Posted on May 3, 2012 8:28 AM

10 replies

May 4, 2012 12:18 AM in response to BDAqua

Thanks so much for your input. As I was somewhat desparate last night - I have managed to put Address Book back into Applications by lifting it off another computer on a stick and then downloading it to my laptop. And miracle of miracles, it came up with all my names and addresses ---- don't know how that happens but obviously they are stored somewhere on my laptop and once Address Book was back in they were loaded. SO it seems I am okay but will keep your instructions in case it happens again!

Thank yu very much. Lecia

May 4, 2012 1:29 AM in response to BDAqua

No kids or pets --- just me!I don't think there is too much mystery about the deletion of Address Book on my laptop. I was trying to get it up-to-date from my desktop computer and as that is Lion and the laptop is sitll Leopard (all these ***** cats!) I must have trashed the laptop Address Book, then tried to install the one from Lion but, of course it couldn't be installed - wrong system! By then I had lost Address Book!! Horrors! I then lifted it from my husband's computer (Panther or something!) et voila! But I had expected to have all HIS names and address in Address Book when I opened it but -- not so, his were not there and mine were! Don't ask!!

Thanks again and regards, Lecia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.