10 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 12:12 PM by Leciaatapple
Leciaatapple Level 1 Level 1

I have lost Address book app how do I recover it please. Thank you.

Mac OS X (10.7.2), Various
  • BDAqua Level 10 Level 10

Hello,

Is it just gone from the Dock, or gone from the Applications folder also?

• Leciaatapple Level 1 Level 1

Gone from the Dock (which would not worry me at al)  but gone from the Applications Folder -  which does.

I guess you'll have to boot from the Restore Partition using CMD+r at bootup, then use Disk Utility to make sure the drive is OK before restoring.

Thanks so much for your input.  As I was somewhat desparate last night - I have managed to put Address Book back into Applications by lifting it off another computer on a stick and then downloading it to my laptop. And miracle of miracles, it came up with all my names and addresses ---- don't know how that happens but obviously they are stored somewhere on my laptop and once Address Book was back in they were loaded.  SO it seems I am okay but will keep your instructions in case it happens again!

Thank yu very much. Lecia

Great to hear, thanks... it is a mytery why it got deleted, did youcheck the trash? any kids or pets around?

No kids or pets --- just me!I don't think there is too much mystery about the deletion of Address Book on my laptop.  I was trying to get it up-to-date from my desktop computer and as that is Lion and the laptop is sitll Leopard (all these ***** cats!) I must have trashed the laptop Address Book, then tried to install the one from Lion but, of course it couldn't be installed - wrong system!  By then I had lost Address Book!!  Horrors!  I then lifted it from my husband's computer (Panther or something!) et voila!   But I had expected to have all HIS names and address in Address Book when I opened it but -- not so, his were not there and mine were!   Don't ask!!

Thanks again and regards, Lecia

OK, thanks for the report Lecia, & good luck!

And thank you!

As an aside --------  I have just seen my last message --- and the ****** stars deleting the word I put in front of "cats"!!  Well, as far as I am concerned, it wasn't a rude word - but then someone must have thought it was!   How sad that words have changed their meaning!

Lecia

Yeah, even "bad" is "good" now!?

I think you might mean it to be the other way round.  Good is now bad???

So - Goodnight and Out.