Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked .docx and .xslx files

Dear apple users,

At the moment we have a customer with 7 apple computers 6 apple desktops I7 and a probook i5. they currenly are running two different versions of OSX editions. 1.6.8 and 10.7.3.

Besides that we have a storage from EMC (iomega) where we store the documents of mac office excel and word.

Since yesterday we have implemented a Windows 2008 terminal server, where we run the business applications on.

The terminal server is on another location. we have connected both locations with a VPN connection.

In terminal server we have mapped the storage share. it's accessible and all folders can be accessed.

but the problem is when i open a word or excel file on the terminal server. we get the following message.

"this document is currently locked and in use by another user"

it's on all the office related documents which came from the apples. i cannot edit them what so ever on the terminal server.

is there anyone who can give me some advise how to unlock these files. so they can be editted in the terminal server from windows?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 3, 2012 8:11 AM

There are no replies.

Locked .docx and .xslx files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.