Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

emoji in contacts

I deleted Emoji from my apps and it remains in my contacts. Please tell me how to get rid of these

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on May 3, 2012 10:13 AM

2 replies

Aug 24, 2015 4:00 PM in response to misskat109

I have tried and tried to find the correct "emoji2" app in which everyone keeps saying to go in and switch something to off and have never been able to find it. BUT, I found another app that works just as good. It's called Delete Q. After downloading, open the app and choose All Contacts, then you can choose to select the emoji contacts one by one, or choose "Select Easy" at the bottom left corner and then choose "No Phone Number", then the trash can for Delete. That's it! Worked like a charm!!

Aug 24, 2015 4:44 PM in response to jujubiiz

jujubiiz wrote:

I have tried and tried to find the correct "emoji2" app in which everyone keeps saying to go in and switch something to off and have never been able to find it. BUT, I found another app that works just as good. It's called Delete Q. After downloading, open the app and choose All Contacts, then you can choose to select the emoji contacts one by one, or choose "Select Easy" at the bottom left corner and then choose "No Phone Number", then the trash can for Delete. That's it! Worked like a charm!!

One hopes the OP resolved their issue in the over three years since they posted.

There is no longer an emoji app. You can turn the emoji keyboard on or off in Settings>General>Keyboard>Keyboards.

emoji in contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.