Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have to re-enter password for modem each session

Hello! I am having a problem with getting on the internet through my wireless modem using my MacBook--it's an older laptop: OSX 10.5.8-- without entering the WEP password each time. I have checked the box for the coputer to remember the password, but it's not working. I was able to seamlessly go onto the internet in the past--then this started happening---none of my other devices have this issue. ANy ideas would be appreciated!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 3, 2012 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2012 12:12 AM

open the Keychain Access app - /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.app - and check to make sure you don't have duplicate entries. I had a problem like this at one point when I changed modems. I used the same name for the service and ended up with two entries (one for the old modem and one for the new) which confused the system.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2012 12:12 AM in response to computerdummi

open the Keychain Access app - /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.app - and check to make sure you don't have duplicate entries. I had a problem like this at one point when I changed modems. I used the same name for the service and ended up with two entries (one for the old modem and one for the new) which confused the system.

Have to re-enter password for modem each session

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.