Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heads-up on spam claiming to be from Apple

For the first time I've just had a piece of spam that alleges it's from 'Apple Store<customer.service@apple.com>' and is headed 'Update your Apple Billing Information On File'.

Other people may have had this for some time but Apple being used in this way is news to me.

The onscreen link that says it directs to store.apple.com in fact links to a URL in Italy that looks to be piggy-backed onto the Italian Rugby Federation website.

Just to mention what you probably already know, most spam is pretty obvious ('your account will be terminated if you don't click this link, etc. etc.'), but if you're in doubt or merely curious, mail programmes almost always allow you to inspect a message's raw source. Inspecting the html of the message will show you a link where the 'a href=' tag goes to the spammers' URL while the text that follows it indicates a completely different URL.

Posted on May 3, 2012 1:35 PM

7 replies

Feb 13, 2014 9:15 PM in response to Jon Vagg

Also, I'd like to give a heads up on another form of spam that I recently received.

It goes by the name of <service@apple.com> notifying me about credit card cancellation. In the message, they say that my account has been frozen and I have to validate my account info. The source URL of the website link CLEARLY does not send me to Apple.

And also <secure@team.fr> who put their name as Apple is also a fake. They try to convince you by saying that Apple released a new security system and also mention (the famous line) to update your information. DON'T!

Heads-up on spam claiming to be from Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.