Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you determine the time stamp or pointer in an Event?

Perhaps I want to tell someone to check the specific point in an event, like 22:08 into the event or from marker 1234 to 5678. What markers does iMovie use?

Maybe I have 20 favorite clips in an Event and I want to reference a specific one.

When playing back a YouTube video I can say, Go to the 2:38 mark. With an event, what time stamp can I reference?

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 3, 2012 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2012 4:07 AM

Event clips have a time code based on the time of day you shot the clip. Clips are listed in the event in chronological order. So you you want to point somebody to the action that tool place on March 23 at 10:03:45, you can.

Click VIEW/Playhead Info. Now as you skim your mouse over the event clips, you will see the date and time info.

This works on clips shot by a digital camera. If you have clips shot by older analog cameras like VHS or 8MM, you need to take some additional steps. Let me know if you need this.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2012 4:07 AM in response to LarryDH

Event clips have a time code based on the time of day you shot the clip. Clips are listed in the event in chronological order. So you you want to point somebody to the action that tool place on March 23 at 10:03:45, you can.

Click VIEW/Playhead Info. Now as you skim your mouse over the event clips, you will see the date and time info.

This works on clips shot by a digital camera. If you have clips shot by older analog cameras like VHS or 8MM, you need to take some additional steps. Let me know if you need this.

How do you determine the time stamp or pointer in an Event?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.