Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad stuck on the unable to download app message

Usually I'm able to get out of the message by clicking done or retry. But now it's stuck on that message. I can't use the screen. I can't reset it because it won't let me click on anything other than the done or retry buttons. What should I do?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 3, 2012 4:23 PM

4 replies

Jun 1, 2012 8:43 PM in response to tnethers

I have the same problem. You can't turn it off, thats what the previous user meant by reset. Synching with itunes does not correct the problem. It will 3 or 4 days for the battery to run out. This is pretty unreasonable. There should be a way to shut it down.

Jul 20, 2012 6:40 PM in response to myangel142

Hello,

I have run into the same problem, 1 hour before a long road trip, the screen is tuck at unable to download. Any idea how to get control. Plz help

iPad stuck on the unable to download app message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.