Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have installed Matrox PowerDesk on an iMac, but it won't open. Have I missed something?

I purchased a Matrox DualHead2Go, installed the PowerDesk software, but when I click on it to open it, nothing happens. I have uninstalled it and then reinstalled it with the same results.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 3, 2012 7:11 PM

11 replies

May 3, 2012 7:39 PM in response to lukewake

You should contact Matrox for support regarding their software.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/contact/

Did you try finding a solution or reading the user guide?

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/gxm/

Are you shure you have the latest drivers and software installed?

Sometimes, the drivers that are packged with hardware are not the latest ones.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/gxm/drivers/download/latest/

May 4, 2012 8:20 AM in response to lukewake

Few things you can check:

1- Is the USB cable connected directly to your iMac? Do not connect it to a hub

2- You say you have the latest software, lookhere to make sure you also have the latest Firmware update for Lion.

Also:

What version of iMac do you have?

Are you connecting with Thunderbolt/Mini display port, or with mini DVI?

Are you sure the Mini display port to display port, or Mini DVI to DVI adapter you have is working well?

May 4, 2012 11:52 AM in response to lukewake

lukewake wrote:

There was an installer for the software. I downloaded the latest version for mac OS from the matrox website. I installed it, restarted my computer and that is when I attempted to open the software and nothing happens. I could not find anything in their user manual that assisted me.

Can you provide the download link if that software is publicly available?

May 4, 2012 12:47 PM in response to Eric Fauque

21.5" Mid 2011 iMac. I have a projector connected to the thunderbolt using a vga adapter and it is working fine. . I am trying to add a third display and I would like to split it to cover 2 55" LCD TV's for stage monitors. I am using a Display Link USB to DVI adapter then connecting it to the Matrox DualHead2Go to split it to the TV's.

May 4, 2012 1:15 PM in response to X423424X

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/drivers/download/?id=460

Try this. It doesn't have a specific page just for the download. I picked DualHead2Go Digital Edition, then Mac OS 10.7 Lion, then cliced on 1.03.02.004. That took me to the page to the Download info page, then after I clicked on the box beside

I have read and agree to the Matrox Specific Notice above.

Then it gave me a link that when I clicked on it, it started the download.

May 4, 2012 1:55 PM in response to lukewake

Ok, got it. Needed to download the Snow Leopard version since I use Snow Leopard.

Interesting that there is no driver required for that stuff. Their installer should have created a login item in your Accounts system preferences for "Matrox PowerDesk" which was installed in your /Applciations.

I've been confused myself by apps like this too and when I tried to execute it, like you, I saw nothing happen. But I've tripped over apps like this enough times to know to look in my menu bar. Yup, it's a menu item! So look for something like the following in the right end of your menu bar.

User uploaded file

When you click on it you should see:

User uploaded file

May 4, 2012 2:33 PM in response to X423424X

I have finally been able to contact Matrox and they are saying that the DualHead2Go Digital Edition is not compatable with the newer iMac, MacBook Pro's etc., that have the Thunderbolt. There has to be a way to get the iMac to recognize the Matrox using a newertechnology USB to DVI/HDMI/VGA Display Adapter. I was finally able to launch the Matrox PowerDesk, but as soon as I plug in the DualHead2Go and the Display Adapter, it stops responding. The DualHead2Go only displays on 1 of the monitors attached. If anyone has any suggestions, I am open to trying them. Thanks.

I have installed Matrox PowerDesk on an iMac, but it won't open. Have I missed something?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.