Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old @mac.com email upgrade

I uncovered an old @mac.com email I haven't moved over to MobileMe. When I log into icloud.com it lets me but I dont have access to mail. I tried using the move your MM accountto icloud process but still no mail. Is there a way to make that work with icloud?

Thanks

Posted on May 3, 2012 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2012 10:57 PM

Chris Shaddock wrote:

I uncovered an old @mac.com email I haven't moved over to MobileMe.

You never had to move an @mac.com address - it continued working alongside the @me.com address when that was introduced, provided you haven't allowed the account to expire between then and last June.

If your MobileMe account had both versions and you have migrated at http://me.com/move , then signed in with your MobileMe email address at System Preferences>iCloud (Lion 10.7.2 required) and checked 'Mail' in the list, then both addresses should work and deliver into the same inbox.

If you have a pre-Lion system you will need to set Mail up manually:

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Snow Leopard or Leopard

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Tiger

If you had a different @mac.com address and allowed it to expire then it's gone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2012 10:57 PM in response to Chris Shaddock

Chris Shaddock wrote:

I uncovered an old @mac.com email I haven't moved over to MobileMe.

You never had to move an @mac.com address - it continued working alongside the @me.com address when that was introduced, provided you haven't allowed the account to expire between then and last June.

If your MobileMe account had both versions and you have migrated at http://me.com/move , then signed in with your MobileMe email address at System Preferences>iCloud (Lion 10.7.2 required) and checked 'Mail' in the list, then both addresses should work and deliver into the same inbox.

If you have a pre-Lion system you will need to set Mail up manually:

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Snow Leopard or Leopard

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Tiger

If you had a different @mac.com address and allowed it to expire then it's gone.

Old @mac.com email upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.