Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad keyboard languages

Hello there,

I'm taking language courses in Kazakh and desperately need a keyboard in this language -- it's basically a Russian keyboard but with extra letters replacing the numbers line. Does anyone know a way to get this on the iPad, through settings or any other app?

Alternately, gate2home is an excellent website for typing in hundreds of keyboards. Anyone know if they plan to make an iOS app that works offline?

iPad

Posted on May 3, 2012 10:51 PM

1 reply

May 4, 2012 6:11 AM in response to Qyzylsha

Qyzylsha wrote:

I'm taking language courses in Kazakh and desperately need a keyboard in this language -- it's basically a Russian keyboard but with extra letters replacing the numbers line. Does anyone know a way to get this on the iPad, through settings or any other app?

I suggest you search the app store yourself for "kazakh" to see if someone has made a keyboard app.

There are two apps, Unicode Map and UniKey, which let you make custom keyboards that might be useful for you for some purposes.

You should of course also ask Apple to add this in a future update via

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

iPad keyboard languages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.