Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my iPod touch get a virus?

I was wondering if my ipod touch can get a virus from safari or sumtin.

For some reason the battery has been running out far too quickly and the date and time sometimes resets.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 4, 2012 12:26 AM

11 replies

Apr 18, 2014 6:47 AM in response to thebunnys

There is a logical explanation for everyone of your problems... To the original problem no an ipod cannot get a virus. If your safari keeps shutting down the the coder for the site you were on is just reeeeeaaalllyy bad. For games shutting down its faulty coding once again or you have too many things open on the multi tasker. To the person with the battery running low again too many things on the multi tasker or your just playing a graphics heavy game a lot. Final thoughts: the apple ios,psx were made exceptionally well so I don't believe there aren't a virus in existence that would harm an apple product

May 26, 2015 1:33 AM in response to Swimchick1123

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Can my iPod touch get a virus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.