Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my number and imessage

hi

i have 2 iphone 4 with two diffrent simcard i activate the device with i message and face time when i buy the device at v5.01 and update to v 5.1 and i message and the face time work one day i deactivate it when i re activate again it is till on (waiting for activation) i try al the way u write change time dfu mode and restor original setting all the method and it is keep this message i change the sim card to other operator with diffrent number it is work perfictly even if i deactivate or avtivate many time when i take back my old sim card it is keep the same message when i use my apple ID it is ok but i notice it is try to verfied the other operator number i check my number it is ok and try to edit it and write it again?

for the other iphone it has the same problem but with (unknown)in my number i try to modified but i can not change my number i check the face time and i message with apple id it is ok and try to verfied the correct number but still wait for activation

so is this problem realted to simcard i mean som operator sim card have this problem with IPHONE V5.1 in this case that some oprator can use the imessage and face time?

sorry for long talking but have this problem since one week

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 4, 2012 3:54 AM

3 replies

May 4, 2012 7:06 AM in response to finalraider83

hi

sorry for my first post i just write my problem again :

i bought two iphone4 with IOS5.01 , and the Imessage and facetime work normally with out any problem , and i update to IOS5.1 and also the i message and face time work normally for some issue i turn off the face time and imessage then when i try to turn on again it show (waiting for activation) i try all the way

1- turn on and off

2- reset everything to defult

3- recover IOS again

4- check my Number and delet and write again

5-checking the time and region

but all these way not work for me ,i try to insert another simcard for another operator with diffrent number the i message and face time work normally when i try to insert my old sim card back the i message and facetime is (waiting for activation)

i try to activate the i message and facetime using apple ID it is activated normally but it show in the facetime setting my apple ID and trying to veirfied with another numbernot my own number i also try all the steps above but not work

the other iphone has the same issue with imessage and facetime and also it show (unknown) in my number and i can not edit it

so my qustion is that issue is related with simcard and operator ? mean some operator not support imessage and face time?

my number and imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.