Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can"t connect to update server

I'm having the same issue. I would like to update my atv to the latest software version. I connect it to my mac mini running 10.7.3 and everything seems fine till it tries to verify update with apple. I get the message can't connect to apple update server. I imagine there is a communication error between my mac and apple servers? Any help wouold be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Posted on May 3, 2012 9:16 PM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2016 1:44 PM in response to vburge

@vburge

"May 4, 2012 4:39 AM"~Add 4 years and guess what.

"I'm having the same issue. I absolutely must reinstall El Capitain because my MacBook Pro (2013) decided to not boot up period. The second time within a 18 month period. When I try to verify reinstal with my apple id I get the message, "cannot connect to apple id server."

Hopefully someone has found a fix in the past 4 years.

Respectfully

notice how few words needed changing in 4 years. lol

Sep 2, 2016 12:25 PM in response to vburge

User uploaded fileI'm having the same issue. I would like to update my atv to the latest software version. I connect it to my mac mini running 10.7.3 and everything seems fine till it tries to verify update with apple. I get the message can't connect to apple update server. I imagine there is a communication error between my mac and apple servers? Any help wouold be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Can"t connect to update server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.