Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music issue

I'm having problems adding music to my iPhone 4. I built a new playlist in iTunes, but some of the songs just don't appear. I tried adding the songs individually but that wouldn't work either, any ideas? This has never happened before.

iMac intel core duo, MacBook Pro 2Ghz Intel core duo, iPhone 4, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on May 4, 2012 6:20 AM

6 replies

May 4, 2012 6:50 PM in response to Jack.Vaughn

Yes. I don't find them. The playlist is there, but several songs are missing. If you transfer a playlist, do the songs automatically transfer, or do you have to add them individually to begin with? I've tried both things: just adding the playlist, and adding the entire albums from the songs I'm trying to include. The songs won't make the trip for some reason. What am I doing wrong?

May 6, 2012 11:38 AM in response to Phil Rogers

I believe you have to add the songs; adding a playlist that includes songs you haven't synced to your phone will not automatically add the songs. Check the following:

• On the summary tab of your iTunes sync settings you have checked "Sync only checked songs and videos"
  • In your music library you have checked all the songs you want to sync to your phone
  • There are no exclamation points next to any of the songs you want to sync to your phone and you are able to play the songs in iTunes that you are trying to sync to your phone
  • You have authorized your computer for all Apple IDs for purchased music you want to sync to your phone (in Store>Authorize this computer)
  • You have checked "Sync Music" on the Music tab of your iTunes sync settings

If any of these are wrong, make the necessary changes and try syncing the music again. Be sure to check all the individualsongs in the playlist you are trying to complete on your phone before syncing.

Music issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.