Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 will not turn on

So, i was playing a app on my iphone 4 and suddenly the screen turns green with white thin lines going through it. DX I did a master reset to turn it off (home and lock button together) and now it will not turn on (completey dead, no sound, no light, no hope) I have charged it all day both from a socket and connected to my computer (in which my computer will no recognise the device). Attempted many times to master reset it whilst connected to the computer and nothing has prevailed. Please help!, I cannot go without my phone for two weeks (if i send it to my local phone store) and there is no apple store near me.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on May 4, 2012 10:01 AM

4 replies

May 4, 2012 7:58 PM in response to brad805

I have tried what you suggested with no such luck unfortunately. I shall leave it charging again over night and try again in the morning, do you have any other ideas if there is no improvement?

Also if there is no solution to my problem, do you now if apple would replace my phone even if it is out of warranty (only by a month, typical) and I do not have insurance on it?

May 5, 2012 9:44 AM in response to brad805

Went to my local phone store and they said there was nothing they could do for me as i am out of my warranty period. It will cost me £180 to get it looked at and atleast a two week wait for it. So i decided against it. I dont live near any apple stores so im going to try a iphone repair shop near me and hope for the best 🙂 Thanks for all your help.

iPhone 4 will not turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.